California Food Handler Training
- 1.5 Hour Online Course
- 40 Multiple-Choice Final Exam
- Printable Official Certificate, Valid for 3 years
California Food Handler's Program
We offer food handler training an ANSI accredited program in English. It takes about an hour & half to complete, there is a 40 question final exam, and you can immediately print your food handler card.
California Food Safety Course
This food handler safety course covers the importance of safe food handling and sanitation and is for anyone that works in food preparation, storage, or service.
Food Handler Certificate - California
Need Your Food Handler & RBS Certification?
California Food Handler Training
$12.95 - No Discount Code Needed - Enroll Now!
This online food handler certificate course focuses on safe food preparation and handling techniques and is intended for anyone that works in food preparation, storage, or service.
The course content is based on the the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Food Code. Upon completion of the course, you can immediately print your food handler certificate and wallet card.
This Food Handler Safety Training course was developed by Diversys Learning specifically for Food Handlers. This course is accredited by ANSI and is accepted by the state of California*.
*See excluded counties below
Food Handler & RBS Alcohol Server Combo Package Available, $23.95 - Go to Enroll Now
This food handler safety course takes about 1.5 hours to complete and is available in English with full audio narration.
Our training course works on all computer devices including: smart phones, tablets, laptops, and PCs. If needed, you can conveniently switch back and forth between your phone (or tablet) and your computer, while taking the course, and you will always be returned to your most recent progress.
Once you create an account you can log in from any computer or mobile device and train any time, anywhere.
You have 6 months from enrollment to complete this course. You can log in and out of your training account and your place in the course will be saved.
After successfully completing this course and final exam (you must get a 70% to pass), you will be able to print your certification. Your official certificate will be mailed to you.
Food Handler Safety Course - Learning Objectives
This food handler certificate course will teach you the importance of safe food handling as well as how to properly clean and sanitize your establishment.
This course consists of seven units of instruction with a test your knowledge quiz at the end of each unit. There is a 40 question multiple choice final exam which requires a passing score of 70%. Click on each unit button below to view the topics for the intended learning objectives in that unit.
Unit 1 - Introduction to Food Handling Safety
- Importance of Proper Food Safety
- Risk Factors of Foodborne Illness due to Food Preparation
- Hazards Associated with Foodborne Illness
- Key Definitions and Terms
- Unit 1: Test Your Knowledge
Unit 2 - Personal Health and Hygiene
- Importance of Hygiene and Proper Handwashing
- Techniques for Effective Handwashing
- Proper Clothing and Attire
- Symptoms and Steps to Take When Employees may be Ill
- Unit 2: Test Your Knowledge
Unit 3 - Time and Temperature Control for Safety (TCS) Foods
- Definition of TCS Foods
- Temperature Danger Zones
- Proper Food Receiving and Storage Techniques
- Unit 3: Test Your Knowledge
Unit 4 - Food Preparation
- Proper Food Thawing and Safe Preparation Methods
- Correct Cooking Temperatures and Times for Different Foods
- Proper Food Holding Procedures
- Proper Food Cooling Techniques
- Correct Reheating Methods
- Unit 4: Test Your Knowledge
Unit 5 - Cross Contamination
- Importance of Cross Contamination
- Appropriate Controls to Prevent Cross Contamination
- Symptoms of a Food Allergy Reaction and Steps to Take
- Common Foods that Cause Allergic Reactions
- Unit 5: Test Your Knowledge
Unit 6 - Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Proper Techniques for Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Where and When to Clean and Sanitize
- Proper Use of a 3-Compartment Sink
- Unit 6: Test Your Knowledge
Unit 7 - Pest Control
- Primary Pests that are a Source of Food Contamination
- Indications of Pests and Actions to Take
- How to Prevent Pests at your Establishment
- Unit 7: Test Your Knowledge
- 40 Multiple Choice Questions
- 70% Passing Score Required
ANSI Accredited Food Handler Certificate
Your food handler card is available to print or save immediately after you complete the course. It will be emailed to the email address on file and is also accessible by logging into your account.
Your printable certificate includes 3 parts: a Certificate of Completion, a wallet card, and a part for your employer to keep on file.
Your certificate is valid for 3 years from the date of completion in the state of California.
If you completing your training on or before 08/26/2016, you will need to contact customer support for a copy of your official card.
ANSI Food Handler Safety - California Recognized Training
This Food Handler Safety course is ANSI accredited and accepted in California in all counties EXCEPT:
- Riverside County**
- San Bernardino County**
- San Diego County**
**Please contact the county health department for further information.
ANSI Food Handler Safety Course Accreditation
This Food Handler Training certificate program is accredited by ANSI (American National Standards Institute) against the ASTM E2659 standard. Our approval number is 1267. View Diversys Learning Inc's ANSI Accredited courses here.
For more information regarding this ANSI Certificate Program Policy: Click Here